101 West Commercial
Lyons, KS 67554
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Brenda Tucker - Payroll/Deputy Clerk
Beth Terwey - Accounts Payable
Cindy Steffan - Tax Clerk
- Is the official secretary of the County and of the Board of County Commissioners.
- Retains the County Commissioners’ official records.
- Signs the records of proceedings and attests the same with the seal of the county.
- Combines all valuations for each tax district and certifies values to each tax district and the state, sets and certifies the mill levy for all county tax districts.
- Maintains tax unit maps of the county.
- Prepares and presents the county budget to the Commissioners for approval.
- Assists with the preparation of all township and cemetery budgets and annual reports.
- Audits all budgets and files them with the state.
- Computes all tax levies and prepares levy sheets.
- Prepares real estate, personal property and state assessed tax roll and certifies to the County Treasurer.
- Maintains changes to the original tax roll/tax statement.
- Serves as the Freedom of Information contact person for the county.
- Serves as the contact person for ADA regulations.
- Issues moving permits.
- Balances and certifies distribution of motor vehicle taxes to the County Treasurer.
- Accumulates and files bonded indebtedness reports for all county tax entities.
- Administers oaths of public offices.
- Maintains county reports for the annual audit.
- Processes accounts payable for all county departments.
- Processes county payroll and prepares all reports necessary.
- Maintains all personnel files.
- Maintains a copy of the current county policy.
- Maintains all job descriptions and names.
- Issues Wildlife & Park licenses, large game permits, stamps, park permits and boat registrations.
- Maintains insurance coverage for all county property.
- Issues Cereal Malt Beverage licenses.