To check voter registration information and see a copy of your ballot, click here.Registration
- Registration is required for all voters in Kansas.
- Qualified persons may register at the following:
- Rice County Clerk’s Office in Lyons
- City Halls in Sterling, Chase, Little River, Bushton
- Little River State Bank, Little River
- Lyons Public Library
- Sterling Public Library
- Rice County Health Department, Lyons
- Rice County Council on Aging, Lyons
- Registration closes 21 days prior to any election and reopens the day after the election.
- A voter must re-register if the voter moves.
Party AffiliationA voter may declare a party affiliation at the time of registration or may sign a declaration at the polling place during a primary election. A voter may also choose not to be affiliated with any political party.
A voter may change party affiliation at any time that registration is open.
- Primary – First Tuesday in August
- General – First Tuesday after the first Monday in November
Precinct Committeemen and Committeewomen are elected on the first Tuesday in August.
Advance VotingRegistered voters who wish to vote in advance of election day may apply for an advance ballot by one of the following methods:
- The voter may file an application with the Rice County Clerk’s office for an advance ballot by mail. The application is available on the website to be printed and mailed to the Rice County Clerk’s Office. The ballot must be voted in secrecy and returned to the Rice County Clerk’s office by the time the polls close on election day.
- Beginning 20 days before an election and ending at noon the day before the election, a voter may vote an advance ballot in the Rice County Clerk’s Office during regular business hours.
Absentee Ballot ApplicationVoter Registration ListsAny person may request a list of registered voters in Rice County. The list may not be used for commercial purposes. If you wish to request a list please contact the Rice County Clerk’s Office as lists can be generated containing different information. A small fee is charged for this service:
- $.02 per name for printed listing
- $.05 per label
- $.02 per name for voter history listing
All lists and labels that are mailed will be charged postage charges.
We will provide the information for a base cost of $35.00 plus the cost of a flash drive.
A minimum fee of $7.50 is charged on any listing requested.
For answers to any additional questions, please feel free to contact the Rice County Clerk’s Office during regular business hours.