1380 US-56, Lyons, KS 67554
Mailing Address: 718 W. 5th Street; Lyons, KS 67554
Location – ONE MILE WEST OF LYONS ON HIGHWAY 56
Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Closed on Holidays
Some general rules for the Landfill:
All loads must be separated. All loads will be inspected at the guard shack prior to dumping. They will direct you on where to go.
C/D Pit: Guide to follow is: if it can be nailed or screwed to the building or house it can go into the C/D pit. There is a fee on large loads.
Example: Wood, dry wall, building tin, shingles, plywood siding and windows. We prefer that insulation goes to the transfer station if it is possible.
Non-Friable Asbestos MUST be in a separate container, watered down, and tarped before delivery to the landfill. The landfill operator must know when this comes in.
All items listed below will go into separate locations. It makes it easier on everyone to have it separated prior to coming out.
- All white goods (washers, dryers, hot water tanks) go into the white goods pile. No microwaves
- All air conditioner and refrigerators go into a separate pile.
- Metal and iron. NO OILFIELD PIPE
- Paper, microwaves, cardboard, furniture, household waste goes into the transfer station
- Tires go into tire pile. There is a fee depending on size. Passenger tires $2.00; Semi $5.00; Tractor tires $25.00, pay the person at the guard shack.
- Composting (grass clippings, leaves, and plants) goes into the compost pile. Garbage bags go to the transfer station.
- Burn Pit: Trees and limbs. NO LUMBER
- Concrete, brick, and large rocks go into the concrete pile
- Used Oil and Vehicle Batteries
- Electronics: Computers, printers, monitors, televisions
Any other questions regarding the Landfill call the Public Works Department at 620-257-2231
Solid Waste Assessment Fees
For a list of Holidays that the Landfill is closed, go to our website: ricecounty.us, from the Home page, scroll to the bottom, click on NEWS, Rice County Holidays.
Rule of thumb: if the Courthouse is closed, so is the Public Works Dept and the Landfill